Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bridal Shower

My bridal shower was so much fun. I love the woman here in Oregon. I've never been one that connects with a lot of woman, but here and with my calling as Relief Society President that changed. I wish more of my girls/woman could have been there but it was truly a blast. Lets see how well my memory is and see if I can remember everyone that was there. Let's see the was Dottie, (Randy Seward's sister) Grandma Fern Seward, Stephanie Bailey (my maid of honor), Kassi Haslem, Kristi Haslem, Brenda Brady, Charmaine Cooper, Ashton Waestcher, Alyssa Boston Duce, Tanna Ottley, Michelle Pardee, Sandy Hinmon, Amanda Seward, Tiffany Bell, Sabrina Huntley, Mom Seward, Robyn Boyles. Um... I think that everyone. Hopefully I will have pictures to post soon so that I can be sure I didn't forget anyone. 



The fun all began without me, well sort of. Kassi Haslem was in the middle of doing my hair. It took longer then planned and so I arrived about 20 minutes late for my own bridal shower....oops! My new sisters and Mom did fabulous. It was soooo much fun! I can't wait till I have some pictures to prove it. :) Some of the games we played I actually won. Yeah! Which Jake loved because I gave him my yummy chocolate I won since this bride doesn't need to gain weight before next week. One game was if someone caught you saying my name then you had to give them one of your clothes pins. You started out with 4 clothes pins the one with the most at the end of the night won. Yeah! I didn't lose one pin and I got 5 others. Whoot! Whoot! Another game I totally bombed at. Yeah it was embarrassing. I don't know how to explain it really except that I was blindfolded and trying to move cotton balls with a spoon from one bowl to another. Needless to say after a minute of attempting I only got 4 cotton balls out of a hundred in the other bowl. The other girls showed me up big time. LOL!

There were a couple of purse games, one was how much your purse weighed the other was how many specific items were in your purse. So even though mine wasn't the heaviest I still had the most items in my purse that was called. A whopping 27 items. I won by having a safety clip. LOL I have no idea why I have a safety clip in my purse except that I slipped it in there when I was in the middle of moving everything.

I got tons of gifts. Most of which had to do with me cooking. Which I'm grateful for because honestly Jake and I have pretty much nothing right now. We have been borrowing items since he moved in so at least he could eat something at home. Lets see again how well my memory is since I dont have the list or the items around to look at to tell the fun gifts Jake and I got. 1. cutting board and 2 knives 2. dish set, cooking utensils, organized cutting boards, bin, silverware 3. cupcake cook book 4. cook book 5. cooler bag with matching plates and cups 6. matching ovenmitt, towel and apron 7. homemade soap and bowls with lids 8. canisters 9. langera 10. condoms and prego test, oh and I toaster. I think thats everything but knowing me I probably missed something. Most of all I was just grateful that I got to spend time with my ladies. I love them soooooo soooooo much! How I will miss them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment